Jeppe Høyer Jørgensen
”Advice is best when I have understood the commercial and non-commercial needs of the client and provided value-added solutions for the client.”
Advice is best when …
I have understood the commercial and non-commercial needs of the client and provided value-added solutions for the client. Value-added solutions should be understood in a broad sense as solutions that balance the various interests and needs of the client as best as possible and where my advice is based on the highest academic and commercial insight and understanding and with experience in the issues at hand.
My experience is that value-added solutions only are possible if they base themselves of an insight in the reality of the clients.
During my career, I have contributed with legal literature and often lectures my colleagues in various issues within the area. I try to convert this in depth academic insight achieved through this work into an operational and service-minded approach to the clients’ needs to enable the best advice based on a top academic knowledge, but always based on the commercial and non-commercial reality of the client.
I work with…
Jeppe has many years of experience in advising national and multinational co-operations in all issues relating to employment and labour law, including with respect to restructurings and transactions, and litigation. He also hold long experience in advising on issues relating to collective agreements and industrial relations.
Areas of expertise:
- Employment law
- Transfer of undertakings (TUPE)
- M&A-related employment and labour law, including outsourcing
- Restructurings and mass dismissals, including assistance in cross-border restructurings
- Employment and dismissal of executive officers and other managerial employees
- Non-competition and non-solicitation clauses and other restrictive covenants
- Incentive schemes
- Collective agreements and industrial relations
- Civil servants and public labour law
- Equal treatment and discriminatory dismissals
English and Scandinavian languages.
- McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 1994-1995
- Master of laws, University of Copenhagen, 1996
- Attorney, 1999
- Admitted to appear before the High Courts, 2006
During a number of years Jeppe has been rated as being among the leading in the field by international rating agencies.
Legal 500: In 2014, Legal 500 recommended Jeppe for his "excellent industry knowledge and legal expertise" and in 2015 for his ”particular expertise in restructurings, transactional matters and disputes”, and he was also recommended in 2016.
Chambers and Partners: In 2014, Chambers and Partners mentioned Jeppe as "very easy to communicate with, and is highlighted by peers as a strong employment practitioner", and in 2015, Jeppe was highlighted as "good at finding solutions." In 2016, it was highlighted that: “Jeppe Høyer Jørgensen of LETT Law Firm has extensive experience advising both domestic and multinational enterprises and groups on employment-related issues. In the words of clients: "He is pragmatic, fast to respond and business-oriented."
- LETT Advokatfirma, attorney, partner (head of employment), 2014-2017
- Hannes Snellman, specialist partner (head of employment), 2011-2014
- Njord, associeret partner (head of employment), 2009-2011
- Bech-Bruun, specialist attorney (labour and employment law), 1994-2009
- Dansk Funktionærret 8. udg. (Karnov Group, 2014)
- Ansattes konkurrencehandlinger 1. udg. (Thomson, 2010)
- HR Jura – en erhvervshåndbog (Forlaget Andersen)
- HR Dokumenter – en erhvervshåndbog (Forlaget Andersen)
- Anvendelsesområdet for markedsføringslovens § 1 i forhold til ansatte (Ugeskrift for Retsvæsen, 2010)
- Lov om lønmodtageres retsstilling ved virksomhedsoverdragelse med kommentarer 5. udg. (DJØF, 2009)
- Arbejdsretlige konflikter som force majeure (Ugeskrift for Retsvæsen, 2008)
In addition, Jeppe actively lectures on seminars and classes directed at other employment lawyers within subjects relating to employment law, including on the Danish Act on Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE), privacy and data protection and HR/compliance, HR-policies and handbooks, HR and CSR mv.